New York, New York

New York, New York
During the beginning of the week, New York City like other east coast cities have experienced rain daily.

Friday, June 5, 2015

The end of the Week

As I cap the end of the first week at NYC's  ProPublica, I have learned a lot quickly.  I been able to pick up a few important visual  tools that I can present to my students at Howard University this fall. ProPublica is  a major online news organization and the editors, designers and reporters have been simply wonderful--better than baked bread. What I have missed since returning to the newsroom this week is moving around in the city unearthing new ideas and discovering new stories. What is equally important is that  I have gained  a new knowledge of technology terms--such as:  Meerkeat and Periscope, two video streaming apps; design frameworks: Atavist,  Gridset, and OpenElement by just sitting around and flying like a bird across the room.  I viewed the world of interface design used in website presentations, and have a better understanding in how major outlets provide cross-platform reporting.  I have observed much this week, I have sat like a patient pigeon watching and learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment