New York, New York

New York, New York
During the beginning of the week, New York City like other east coast cities have experienced rain daily.

Monday, June 1, 2015

The First Day

The train rolled into New York City's Penn Station at 11:00pm on May 31st.  I bounced up quickly from the hard train seat,  and rushed to the line outside.  Like cattle we all stood there waited in the rain for a taxi.  I arrived at my reserved Upper Eastside apartment,  my new home for the next nine weeks shortly after midnight.   As the day opened, and there was light, I walked to the subway station, but first I stopped at Ritz Diner for breakfast. After finding my way to the right subway train, thanks to Google maps, I checked into my job site, Pro Publica.  I didn't  do much on my first day.  I was assigned a desk and I shook a few hands, and smiled. I hope it will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment